Japanese - Brazilian Academic and Cultural Exchange Sessions
Time & Location
About The Event
The event schedule is as follows:
- 14:00 - Start
- 14:10 - Welcome remarks by Mr Leandro Napolitano, head of the Cooperation Education Section of the Embassy of Brazil in Tokyo
- 14:15 - 14:55 A brief introduction into the history of kanji and Japanese calligraphy / Nagano Chikuken Sensei (presentation)
- 14:55 - 15:15 Intermission / Networking
- 15:15 - 15:45 Tea ceremony and traditional Japanese culture / Kanbayashi Hiroko Sensei (presentation)
- 15:45 - 16:00 Brazilian Cultural and Academic talks and closing remarks / The Embassy of Brazil in Tokyo
- 16:00 - 16:25 Art Exhibition visit (focus on martial arts)
- 16:25 - 17:45 Japanese calligraphy and Tea ceremony workshops (two groups of 15 people x 40 minutes) / Tokyo Calligraphy Education Association and Japanese Table Sado Association
Please note that the event will be held primarily in English and Japanese (interpretation provided) .
Calligraphy and Tea ceremony workshops require prior registration and are limited to 30 participants and will be filled on the first-come-first-serve basis. Those registered for the workshop will be able to enjoy both workshops. The event itself has a limited capacity of 50 participants and requires prior registration as well.
The event is centred on Brazilian students in Japan and Japanese students interested in Brazilian culture. Participants in this particular event need to be either of those nationalities and be of academic background. Thank you for your understanding.
Participation is free of charge.
- Event pass¥0¥00¥0